Updated: Apr 23, 2020
Many organizations have been restricted from their traditional daily operations due to Governor Hogan's COVID-19 order that took effect on March 23rd, 2020 at 5:00 PM. This order put a halt to nonessential businesses but does not specifically define residential and commercial real estate as essential or nonessential.
In these trying times Bright MLS has allowed promotion of virtual tours in the public description of a listing. Now is the time to take advantage of all additional services that marketing companies in the real estate industry offer. Videos now act as the tour for potential home buyers.
Below is a list of ways to continue business while abiding Hogan's order and keep your organization healthy.
- NO OPEN HOUSES!!!!!
- Limit showings to prospective buyers and their agents. If you should have a showing, have tenants turn on all lights, open all doors, and leave the property until the showing is finished.
- Require hand washing/sanitizing when entering/leaving home and do not allow the viewers to touch anything in the home.
- Clean each doorknob, railing, lockbox, etc. with cleansing wipes.
- Take advantage of video conferencing and phone calls.
- Use digital signing programs and apps for all forms including contracts and agreements.
Now is the time to work from home and see how easy it is to still communicate virtually everyday.